NEW MASS SCHEDULE:
Saturday at 5:00 p.m., Sunday at 7:00, 9:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Weekday Masses resume on Monday, June 1, in the main church.
Spanish Mass resumes on Sunday, June 21.
Mass at Manapogo Campground still to be determined.
The new Sunday schedule allows proper time for cleaning and disinfecting between Masses. The schedule will be reevaluted after August 16.
Here is a short summary of the mandatory safety measures.
- There will be a maximum of 200 people per Mass.
- EVERYONE must wear a mask.
- Every other pew will be blocked off.
- In the pews that are open, maintain 6 feet between families.
- Handshaking and hand holding are suspended.
- Communion will be the host only, and only in the hand.
- There will be no choir.
- There will be no offertory.
- The collection will be taken up by different means.
- The church will be disinfected after every Mass, and fumigated weekly.
That sounds like a lot! This will definitely be a different experience of Mass. Who knows? Maybe we will learn something and grow from this!
Those who are particularly vulnerable - the elderly, those with underlying conditions, infants and small children - should consider not attending Sunday Mass just yet. Remember - the bishop continues to dispense you from any obligation to attend Mass. You might even consider attending a weekday Mass as your weekly Mass.
May the Lord continue to guide us.
friar Bob, pastor